On the 11th October 2022 the Business and Industry pages, of Gov.uk, were updated with revised guidance and forms to help you start your new CIC.
”The revised content, linked to below, contains the following…
- Handy Hits and Tips before completing your CIC application
- form a CIC online or by post
- form a community interest public limited company (plc)
- convert an existing company to a CIC
- convert a charitable company to a CIC
- convert an industrial and provident society (IPS) to a CIC
- convert a private company to a community interest plc
- convert a plc to a community interest plc
- change or specifying an asset-locked body in the articles of association
- alter clauses in the articles of association
- alter the object statement of a CIC
- change the status of a CIC to a community interest plc
- convert a CIC to a charitable company
- convert a CIC to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- convert a CIC to an IPS
- arrange the voluntary dissolution of a CIC
- file an annual CIC report and accounts online or by post
It includes links to the appropriate forms, model constitutions (including the memorandum of association and articles of association) and model special resolutions”.
This is an invaluable guide to anyone thinking of starting a CIC to deliver community facing business activity – the whole designed to be for community benefit, rather than personal profit.
SocEntEastMIds offer a range of supportive services and supplies to help you achieve your community business aims. We deliver them at no charge.
See our support offer here: http://www.miningtheseem.org.uk/?page_id=918790
Office image: Christina Morillo, Creative Commons, Pexels.com